9.16.2011

Friday Round-Up

Yesterday was my first day back to work. I haven't worked since May 1! You know I've been dreading it and looking forward to it, all at the same time. I'm only working 2 days a week until the first of Oct., and then I'll go back full-time.

For now, it's not too hard leaving LM because on the two days a week I'm working, he'll be hanging with his Daddy all day. It's easier to leave knowing he's having a great time with Dad, than it will be to leave him at daycare.

So...the night before I return to work, LM and I both came down with a cold. At 4 a.m., I was feeling like crap, up with a crying and cranky baby who felt like crap. Ugh.

Daddy was a gem though, and stepped right up to the plate for his first Daddy Day. I love the idea of the boys having an entire day together, once a week. So great for both of them to get to know one another this way.

I have to admit, I was sorta wondering how the two would fare. A day toddler chasing can be very long if you aren't used to it.

Before I left the house at 9:30, things were looking a teensy tiny bit crazy. LM's bedroom had toys everywhere. The kitchen looked like an army unit had just dined. And laundry, toys and books were strewn about the living room.

I refrained from leaving an 8-page itemized list, with the minute-by-minute schedule of the day printed out for him to follow. I figured that they need to come up with their own rituals and routines. I just (gently) reminded him that LM needs a snack in between meals or he gets grumpy, and he naps twice a day.

And then I left.

Work was really great. Sort of relaxing! I realized, with shock, that it was 2 p.m. and I hadn't changed any diapers, nor seen any tantrums. Wow!

Only a phone call and few texts from the Boys. And surprisingly, they were just to tell me they missed me. (Awwwww!) From all appearances, things were going just fine.

And evidently, they WERE fine, because when I came home, The Man had everything under control. Little Man had both of his naps, the house was neat, and.....The Man even ordered pizza so I wouldn't have to make dinner. My boys totally rocked their first Daddy Day together!

A girl could really get used to this.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

******************************

To laugh, a lot!: Brilliantly sarcastic responses to completely well meaning signs

To be young at heart: Webcam 101 for seniors

To start new traditions: My first Chuseok with my mother

To sing, scream and roar: Row, Row, Row your boat (two new stanzas I had never heard)

To add to my "list of things to try": Kimchijeon

To start making for the holidays: Folded paper German stars (this would be an amazing garland!)

To question: Adoption: It's Like Trying To Rhyme With "Orange"

To fall in love: Softly  

To watch (it's our new favorite): Up All Night








2 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to meet you. My sis lives in Madison. We live in Los Angeles. Can't wait to read through your blog and learn your story.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear it went well. And that link to the defaced signs is the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you but we aren't mind readers, OK? Just take a minute to share your thoughts and you'll make us really, really happy.