Adoption Books - Instructional/educational
- Attaching in Adoption: Practical Tools for Today's Parents by Deborah Gray
- Cultures of Transnational Adoption
- How to Adopt Internationally: A Guide for Agency-Directed and Independent Adoptions
by Jan Nelson-Erichsen
- Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child: From Your First Hours Together Through the Teen Yearsby Patty Cogen
- Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge (Read our review HERE)
- 20 Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed by Sherrie Eldridge
- You Can Adopt: An Adoptive Families Guideby Susan Caughman and Isolde Motley (also available in iTunes, iPhone apps, and for Kindle) (Read our review HERE)
- Culture Keeping: White Mothers, International Adoption, and the Negotiation of Family Difference by Heather Jacobson
- Cross Cultural Adoption: How To Answer Questions from Family, Friends & Community
by Amy Coughlin and Caryn Ambramowitz (Read our review HERE)
- Secret Thoughts of An Adoptive Mother by Jana Wolff || (Read our review HERE)
- Adoption is a Family Affair!: What Relatives and Friends Must Know by Patricia Irwin Johnston
- Becoming a Family: Promoting Healthy Attachments with Your Adopted Child by Lark Eshleman
- "Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?": A Psychologist Explains the Development of Racial Identity by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- Being Adopted: The Lifelong Search for Self by David Brodzinsky
- In On It: What Adoptive Parents Would Like You To Know About Adoption
Adoption Books - Narrative
Race and ethnicity
- A Single Square Picture: A Korean Adoptees Search for Her Roots by Katy Robinson
- After The Morning Calm: Reflections of Korean Adoptees by Wilkinson & Fox
- Beyond Good Intentions: A Mother Reflects On Raising Internationally Adopted Children by Cheri Register
- Daughter From Afar: A Family's International Adoption Story by Sarah Woodard
- I Wish For You A Beautiful Life by Susan Dorow
- Lucky Girl by Mei-Ling Hopgood (read our review HERE)
- Outsiders Within: Writing on Transnational Adoption by Trenka, Oparah and Shin
- Once They Hear My Name: Korean Adoptees and Their Journeys Towards Identity by Lee, Lammert and Hess
- When You Were Born in Korea: A Memory Book For Children Adopted from Korea by Brian E. Boyd
- Voices from Another Place: A Collection of Works from a Generation Born in Korea and Adopted to Other Countries by Susan Soon-Keum Cox
- The Adoption Reader: Birth Mothers, Adoptive Mothers and Adopted Daughters Tell Their Stories by Wadia-Ells
- A Mother For Choco
- I Wished for You: an Adoption Story
- Over the Moon: An Adoption Tale
- Rosie's Family: An Adoption Story
- Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
- The You We Adore
- The Family Book
- We Adopted You, Benjamin Koo
- Motherbridge Of Love
- You're Not My Real Mother
- An American Face
- Mommy Far, Mommy Near: Addresses the topic of birth mothers
- Happy Adoption Day: Commemorates the adoptive family day
- I Don't Have Your Eyes: Transracial adoption issues, ages 2-5
- Did My First Mother Love Me?: General adoption questions, ages 3 & up
- Families Are Different: Korean adoptee realizes all families are different, ages 4 & up
- When You Were Born In Korea: Memory book for children adopted from Korea
- The Coffee Can Kid: A story about a girl's adoption from Korea, ages 4 & up
- Jin Woo: Story about a family adopting a baby from Korea, ages 4 & up
- Ten Days and Nine Nights: Mother bringing a new baby from Korea, ages 4 & up
- My Family Is Forever: Korean adoptee knows families are different, but forever, ages 3 & up
- Korean American Readings - Super spectacular blog with hundreds of books by and about Koreans and Korean Americans.
- Korea Magazine - Free monthly magazine with info about Korea.
- Hyphen Magazine - Magazine exploring Asian American culture and life.
- Audrey Magazine - The Asian American women's lifestyle magazine.
- Korean American Readings - An amazing collection of books by and about Korea and Korean Americans.
- Korean Quarterly - Non profit/volunteer publication on Korean American issues.
- The Korean Table: From Barbecue to Bibimbap - A cookbook of 100 easy recipes.
Race and ethnicity
- Race and Identity in Transracial Adoption: Suggestions for Adoptive Parents (download PDF
- Asian Nation - website about Asian history, culture and issues pertaining to Asian adoptees
Korean Culture Books - For Children
- Talk Story - Book lists of stories with Korean and Korean American characters and culture for children of all ages. There are also other Asian Pacific lists available.
- Korean Children's Favorite Stories - A breathtaking children's story book. Not only are the stories great, but the illustrations are spectacular.
- Waiting for Mama - A bilingual children's book first published by a Korean author in 1938. Lovely illustrations and great Korean cultural references.
- The Green Frogs - A Korean folktale.
- Bee-Bim Bop! - An illustrated cookbook/storybook for children.
- A Part Of The Ribbon - Learn about the history, culture, language, customs and martial arts of Korea at a different periods in time. 9 and older
Adoption MagazinesAdoption Themed Movies
- Mother and Child - Movie hasn't been released in DVD yet.