11.24.2011

Friday Flotsam: 11.25.2011

Feeling a bit lonely today.  I won't go into all the particulars right now, but The Man had to hop a flight out of town this morning to be with his family on the west coast. His father is seriously ill, and his health has taken a sharp turn for the worse. We decided that we could only send one of us home at this time, which was a really difficult decision. We did some quick juggling and scheduled a flight (no easy feat on a holiday weekend) and The Man left very early this morning.


So, Little Man and I are staying here for the time being. But it's tough. I wish we could be there together as a family. I wish that Grandpa could meet LM, and an even bigger dream would be that he would understand that LM is our son.

I would love to hold Grandpa's hand and whisper to him that I was going to try and sneak him an Oreo, just like we always used to do.



And I'd give Grandma a big hug.



Little Man is missing his daddy tonight. It's going to be a long, long week without him.


*******************
To remember there are many ways to family: Two roads (this is an excellent piece on the attachment process!)


To know your family: Family names: reading and writing the ones we love


To laugh: Thanksgiving Turkey

To countdown: Baby Sock Advent Calendar

To grow up: Thanksgiving as a kid vs. Thanksgiving as an adult 

To feed the child's creative mind: Creativity matters (free e-book)




1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry your family is going through a rough time. I hope it's not too hard with LM's daddy being away. My thoughs are with you and your family.

    Thanks for the links as well, I love your Friday Flotsam.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you but we aren't mind readers, OK? Just take a minute to share your thoughts and you'll make us really, really happy.