8.21.2010

The Versatile Blogger Award

How cool is this?! I was tagged with a Versatile Blogger award! (To be completely honest, I had been seeing these fly around in the Blogoverse and was secretly hoping I might get to play....yay!)

I was tagged by Christine, mama of one of the world's most adorable children, AKA Spencer and author of one of my fave blogs, 12,450 Miles. (Thanks Christine!!)

I go there for daily doses of eye candy, AKA Spencer, and to follow her chronicles since the boy wonder, AKA Spencer, joined his new family 16-months ago. Go check out Christine's blog and I'm sure you'll find lots to love too.
    Here's the award rules:
    1. Thank and talk about whoever gave you the award (see above).
    2. Share 7 facts about yourself (see below).
    3. Give the award to 7 other bloggers who rock.

    Seven facts about me:
    1.  I love the smell of skunks and cow poop. Gasoline and permanent markers are pretty good too.

    2.  I'm ridiculously competitive. We're talking really, really competitive. With others (like The Man when we are at the gym) and with myself. I used to keep a chart logging my times to complete the NY Times crossword puzzle each day, and would try to improve my average time each week. Pathetic. I find overly competitive quite annoying so I try to reign myself in, but it doesn't seem to be working.

    3.  I've been vegetarian for 17 years.

    4.  I'm a professional photographer, but I'm ambivalent about photography as an art form. Photography, for me, is more of a vehicle for making personal connections than creating art. Don't get me wrong, I get damn excited when I nail an image. But it's the interaction with people that I find most rewarding.

    5.  I love to start projects, but really suck at finishing them. It doesn't matter what the project is, big or small. And this really, really annoys me.

    6.  I can't go anywhere without my laptop and a wireless card. In April we were at a remote cabin in the woods where I was cut off from the cyberworld for 3 days. I felt all jumpy and unsettled like a crack addict without a fix.

    7.  I married a really wonderful man! We went to high school together and were good friends, but never dated. We "met" three years after high school at a friend's wedding, and have been together ever since. We've been through a lot together, and I'm a better person because of him.

    And now to pass on the award! I am giving a big shout out to several kick ass bloggie buddies who comment regularly here, and share their support, strength, and encouragement. Thanks, and tag, you're it!

    Christy @ Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

    Elizabeth @ a.e.i.o.

    Zabe77 @ Babysteps

    Brooke @ Waiting on Willow

    Kristen @ I Spy a Family

    Geochick @ Adventures of a Dam Engineer

    Amy @ The Purple of Life

    Amber @ Life in the Last Frontier

    9 comments:

    1. Aw, shucks! Thanks for the nomination!!!
      Um, #3 and #5 makes us officially related. Though #1 makes me question the connection...

      ReplyDelete
    2. i've loved reading everyone's lists! so fun! i'm really competitive, too, but only with silly things like board games, etc. but at the gym? nah. ;)
      happy iclw, too!

      ReplyDelete
    3. OMG...I dont know what I'm more excited about...finding someone else who loves the smell of skunks or having the opportunity to write a 7 Things About Me list on my own blog!

      Thanks for the nomination!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love your list! I'm really bad at finishing projects as well.. which has made getting the house ready for listing *tons* of fun. And I'm all over number 6. I'd be jumpy in that situation as well. Heck, I don't even go to the "nice" beach in town cause you can't get cell coverage there!

      (And aw, shucks on the sweet comments on S and my blog!)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Congrats on your award. Some sense of smell you have! Very interesting facts.

      ReplyDelete
    6. say, what does a skunk smell like?
      ***************************************
      very adorable blog!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I'm competitive too when it comes to games.

      Happy ICLW!

      -Jess (#74)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Congratulations on your award. It's always great to get one!

      ReplyDelete
    9. thanks for sharing these fun facts about you. good luck w/ your adoption

      ReplyDelete

    We'd love to hear from you but we aren't mind readers, OK? Just take a minute to share your thoughts and you'll make us really, really happy.