9.23.2011

Friday Flotsam--09.23.2011

Did you notice??? A gold star to the observant! The words "Friday Round-Up" have long driven me crazy. It's a boring name. And boring names, well, they bore me.

But I never could think of anything more clever. That would involve actual thinking and my brain is way too foggy lately to do that. But today, perhaps it was the extra cup of coffee, the granola snack I just wolfed down, I don't know. But voila! A new name! Drum roll please....I introduce you to Friday Flotsam!

Flotsam, as in, odds and ends.

I'm so entertained by the little things.


***************************

The house is so quiet.

I am suddenly aware of the absence of toys banging, baby babbling, and the background noise that accompanies life with a toddler. LM has finally fallen asleep and I hope (fingers crossed!) nap time will last more than 40 minutes today.

Maybe it's that he's been a bit grumpier than usual, which means he is shoutier (is that even a word??) than usual. Whatever the reason, the quietness is much more apparent today.

Was it really this quiet before Little Man came home?

I fold clothes, watched the fur babies enjoy the sunbeams, and listen to the birds.

Ahhh. Nice.

And then I turn on the stereo.

Because it's way too quiet in here.

****************************

To be awesome: Waking up full of awesome

To get creative with pancakes: Jim's Pancakes

To laugh: Soup for sluts

To craft the world beautiful: The Beltline Knitterati

To create:  More Kid Art Recipies & Ideas

To prepare: Back To School! 

To contemplate: How To Find Your Core Values And Why You'd Want To

To eat!: Chunka Hunka Chocolove Cookies

To knit (if I ever find time to knit again): Chevron Baby Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you but we aren't mind readers, OK? Just take a minute to share your thoughts and you'll make us really, really happy.