11.30.2012

Friday Flotsam: 11.30.2012: Adoption Awareness month



Oh dear...Adoption Awareness Month has come and gone and I've hardly written much about it. But I've been reading. And watching.

This video completely cracks me up. Maybe it's too much of an inside joke? But I put it out there for you to enjoy anyway.

As for National Adoption Month, I've been a tad turned off by the overly pushiness of some adoption promoters (see THIS post for more about that). I do like the original intent of the month to open the door to the discussions about adoption in all of it's forms and from a multitude of perspectives. These discussions are great but I have to wonder if anyone outside of the adoption community really pays attention to National Adoption Month? Are we just talking to ourselves? Do we really need a whole month to remind us to think about these things?

Here's a few of my favorite posts from this year's offerings.

Have a great weekend!

***********

They are all my own: They're All My Own

Adoption is different: This Is More Personal

Unintended consequences of the new Korean rules: Creating A Family

We will love you forever: Expecting A Blessing

Zoe's History Fair Project: Reflections on International Adoption: Adoption Talk

I Hope She Will Seek Me Out: Portrait of An Adoption






2 comments:

  1. LOVED the video, that made me laugh! I've gotten most of those in the last 2.5 years . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you or anyone else here like to follow/subscribe to my blog? www.katherineconcannon.blogspo...
    It's about my family and my life as a mother to 8, six adopted children and 2 biological children. I don't have any followers yet so i'd appreciate it if you'd follow it and/or pass it along to others. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you but we aren't mind readers, OK? Just take a minute to share your thoughts and you'll make us really, really happy.