7.16.2012

Hello. I've returned from the blogging dead.

Really? My last post was in May?!! Yikes.

Yes. I'm a Blogging Zombie, rising from the Blogosphere.


So, I don't have to tell you that our lives have been ridiculously frantic. You've probably guessed that. When I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I'm trying desperately to sleep. This summer has been way too hectic for me.

I may or may not actually get a chance to fill you in proper on what we've been doing, so a quick summary:

Mommy worked like a dog covering a historical recall election for the Governor of Wisconsin. Huge news story + new reporter = massive hours at work. The journalist part of me thought it was great and loved chasing the story. The mommy part of me felt like crap for not being home more. The real person part of me was just plain exhausted from trying to cram too much into too little time.

We went out to Washington to spend a week with our family. Easily the highlight of our summer. There's really nothing better than to watch your child get to know your family. We got to watch our niece graduate from pre-school, hung out with cousins from both sides, spent some awesome adult time hanging around the fire each night with my side of the family, and had a fun weekend hanging with The Man's side. The trip ended way too fast, and as always, we came home feeling incredibly homesick.

Little Man is 2! His birthday was the beginning of July and we had a little gathering. I'll have to write a better post about it because it warrants a little more detail.

I just returned from a conference I was covering for work. It was the first time I've been away from Little Man overnight, much less several nights. The Man had it all under control and fortunately I was very busy which kept me from being too much of a basket case.

And finally, The Man's mother is coming on Thursday to stay with us for a few weeks. Should be a good visit and we have a few fun things planned.

I'm sure there's plenty more I forgot to tell you about, but I wouldn't want to overwhelm you. Because, you know, you might need a little adjustment time to get used to me again.

1 comment:

We'd love to hear from you but we aren't mind readers, OK? Just take a minute to share your thoughts and you'll make us really, really happy.